Post Office Loses $1 per order from China Shipped
ePacket shipment from China on ebay.The Postal service is losing millions a year to help you buy cheap stuff from China - Washington Post
- Somehow for low weight items it seems cheaper to have an item shipped from China to the US, than ship an item within the US.
- ePacket takes around 14 days to get to the US. It may take up to a month.
- Basically Chinese sellers have taken over the market on eBay for new items of low weight mfg. in China.
- Some Chinese sellers get a US address (person), and still ship from China.
- For new girls dresses category, sellers from China now dominate it. This was not true a couple of years ago.
- No idea how returns work for sellers? Shipping from US to China is expensive, probably $15 starting per 1 lb. $16.75 using 1st class. This probably explains why there are so many companies that ship to China, probably use a container.
- Not sure how a US seller would compete with stuff from China on eBay, which seems to be about price, price, and price..
- ePacket my guess is subsidized by Chinese government, so super cheap and probably below their cost.
- USPS actually loses money, $1, on each item shipped from China via ePacket.